Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Very First Gown




If I am not becoming a doctor, I think I might pursue to become a fashion designer. Believe it or not, this is the very first gown I ever made. There was a few dresses/gowns that I sew before however I was using a cheap materials for training purposes. I had made 2 dresses/gowns before I made this gorgeous pink gown.




Its all started in the middle of last year where I bought my very first sewing machine. I have a hobby which I like to sew and create something such as pencil case, handbag, duvet cover, pillow case or even cloth. When I was 17 my mum send me to the nearest sewing centre so I can learn how to made our traditional malay dress. Back home if you ask a tailor to sew your own dress, it cost you around 10-20 euro per dress/cloth. I have 9 siblings so it was impossible at that time to spend a lot of money for that reason. You could just learn how to sew and made it by your self. It is so much worth it because you know your own body size and you can tailor your own dress. Its fantastic!!!





Anyway, this is a gown that was inspired by most of Malaysian celebrities whom worn classy gowns at their big events. To tell the truth even though I had learnt how to sew in the past now I completely forget how to make my own body pattern. I had been spending all my life studying medicine I suppose. But I don't feel regret at all because I can still get the sewing pattern from fabric shop/website. I bought 2 types of sewing pattern to make this dress.

I have not complete with this dress yet. Still have to decorate with sequins, diamond-like-beads and some glittery stuffs to make it WOW!!! I actually plan to wear this at my big day but I could not make it before the dead line. Well at least I had worn other people's creation.



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...