Saturday, March 12, 2011

Banana Plantation

I want to share what I did on November last year during annual vacation at my hometown. I was taking some pictures when I was preparing dinner today that I wanted to share the recipe to everyone (as usual). Then when I was transferring the pictures from camera to laptop, I found these collection of my memories last year and decided to upload in my next entry.

This is my father. He is a teacher majoring in Mathematics. Soon enough he will retire in a few months time so he and his brother decided to plant banana trees in a small few acres land. He recruited some people to work with him as well. Here are a few hundreds banana seeds collected ready for cropping.






New born banana tree that are still growing a few days after cropping. There are certain steps to follow in order to grow this tree. To bury banana seed needs enough depth in order to grow. If too shallow, it wont happen. Make sure the distance between trees is uniform to maximize the usage of land and easier to manage when trees are full grown-up.




"Can you manage this bananas project if I handle it to you?" my father asked me. I said "Off course I will." I am glad and thankful if I have at least 20 acres of land. I will be the boss and taking a good care of all my loyal workers. If this comes true, I will resign my current job!!!




Some of a free area that was not been seeded yet. I am sure it had been cropped with bananas by now.






I was wearing a 3 euro pair of shoe from Dunnes Store. Turn out to be like this - decorated with dry clay dust all over- and it was really obvious cause it comes in black colour!!! I really like this shoe even though its really cheap - very comfortable and lightweight. I wiped off the stain soon after we headed back home.




See how we appreciate of what Allah gives to us. We are human with healthy mind and soul, the strength that Allah created within us makes human superior than other creatures on earth such as animals and trees. Human is the only creatures who can decide of what they want to be, have a power to lead this world. Only a Human. Not an angle, not a devil, not an animal, not even a tree. We should be thankful to Him and follows His order. Always know our limits and always remember Him. God will bless us if we remember Him all the time, use all the resources that He provided to create a peaceful in this world we live in.








The banana tree area is surrounded by rubber and oil-palm plantation. These 2 are the main natural resources from our country - Malaysia and also our neighbours such as Indonesia, Thailand etc...nowadays rubber price in the market has increased to RM 17 per kilo. It is expected that the price can go higher than this current price. All rubber taper are really contented right now. They can earn triple-quadraple from their basic earning more than the professionals salary!!!














Sadly because a drought season hit some part of Malaysia including my hometown, its stunted most of the banana trees. We believe there maybe wisdom behind what was happening. My father still working hard hoping that one day he will earn his investment.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...