Sunday, March 13, 2011

When I am busy

One sweet day.
I was fasting yet still so busy.
The breaking point was at 6 pm
I was still at work at 5.45 pm.
No preparation what so ever before I could eat officially
So....before heading home, go straight to restroom, grabbed a cup of tea. Immediately at 6pm, started to drink.....now, lets go home!!!

What did I have in fridge to cook?
Well a bag of frozen peeled prawn, frozen veg, chicken, beef, and fish.
Its at 6.15 pm. Urgently decided what to cook before the time fly by quickly.
No time for defrosting, chopping etc
Ok...why not instant fried noodles!!...thats sound perfect...this can be ready in less than 20 minutes



What I use for the ingredients are...

1) Instant cook spaghetti (available in Tesco)
2) Frozen cooked and peeled prawn
3) Frozen veg (combo of carrots, cauliflower, broccoli)
4) 1 small packet of instant fried rice powder (instead of fried rice, I like a twist. I substitute with noodles. Powder form is easy to dissolve with noodles)
5) 1 or 2 eggs (depends on size)



Its really simple and a very quick recipe.

1) Boil a water and put the spaghetti into it till it soft. Should be done in 2-5 minutes
2) Bring the soften spaghetti to dry. Put aside
3) Heat frying pan with cooking oil
4) Put prawn and veg. Let it cook till soften and dry. This may be take about 10 minutes
5) Pour the spaghetti and instant powder into pan. Stir it well.




6) I forgot to splash the egg after prawn and veg. So what I did, make some space inside the pan, and fried the egg like a scramble one.




Nearly done




And its done!!! Ready to have a proper meal now....



I considered to make a dessert as well. I prepared this while I was cooking the main course.
This is Pengat Pisang, simply Banana with sweet coconut sauce.
Do not have a complete picture how it is look like but at least I have these already-cut-into-small-pieces-banana pics.....


All you need are:
1) Banana
2) Coconut powder or liqiud
3) Dark brown sugar
4) Water

Steps:
1) Chop banana into small cubes like this
2) Boil the water. Pour the brown sugar
3) Pour coconut oil. Bring to boil. make sure stir it well after the coconut to prevent forming of coconut oil.
4) Pour the banana cubes till it soften.
5) Ready to serve. You can have it when its hot or cold. I prefer cold



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...