So I would like to share to you guys how to make 'tempe-goreng' which means Fried Tempe. Its a basic requirement to use tumeric powder for this recipe. So you need tumeric powder in this recipe.
1) Soya bean cake (tempe). Get this at Asian Market shop in Dublin. It comes in rectangle shape. Only cost around 2.99 euro. Cut it into slices as shown in the picture
2) Tumeric Powder (1 teaspoon)
3) Salt (1-3 pinches)
4) Water (3-4 tablespoons)
5) Cooking oil
Steps you have to follow:
1) Heat cooking oil in a deep fryer or saucepan
2) Mix tumeric powder, salt and water.
3) Put one or two slices of tempe into tumeric mixture. Make sure tempe is coated well with tumeric.
4) Fry it till it become golden colour/crispy.
5) Serve it with dark chili sauce (find this recipe in my previous entry) or you can eat it just like that.
Its so tasty!! trust me....suitable for vegetarians/vegans as well.....
Tempe/Tempeh...Its the same...
Up side down...sorry...
Cut it like this
Picture not in correct manner...this is tumeric mixture..
Put tempe into tumeric mixture one by one...until well soaked...
I dont have deep fryer...saucepan will do....
Nearly done....you can see its already become golden crispy!!
Some dark chili sauce to serve with...
Tada...its ready!!! Enjoy!!!