Saturday, January 29, 2011

Flavoursome Roasted Chicken



If you are in a hurry or not in a mood of cooking, try this chicken recipe. I always arrive at home late after work but yet I still want some comfort and proper food. The easiest way is to use an oven to safe my legs from standing.

Normally I use chicken if I want something roasted. Beef and lamb I prefer to cook on stove. But it all depend again on the recipe it self. Below are the list of ingredients:

1) A whole chicken (if you using chicken legs, might need 7-10 legs depending on size)

2) Salt and sugar

3) 2 table spoons Tumeric Powder

4) 5 table spoons Curry Powder

5) 1 table spoon Dried Chili powder (dont use this if you want less spicy)

6) 2 table spoon Cooking Oil (I prefer olive oil). If chicken skin still intact, don't have to put oil at all.

7) Some lime/lemon juice

8) Some black pepper powder

9) Some black soy sauce/oyster sauce (optional)

10) Some chili oil (optional)

Steps:

1) Pre heat the oven at 150-200 degree Celsius.

2) Wash the chicken. Put it into a large bowl

3) Put all the ingredients on top of chickens and mix it all evenly.




4) Do not afraid to lick your finger to taste the flavour just to make sure its all enough. Put what ever ingredients that you feel is insufficient more to the flavour. I normally make the sweet, salty, and sour flavour evenly and always a little bit more spicy.

5) Apply aluminum wrap on baking tray and arrange the flavour chickens on top of it.






6) This is optional. Sprinkle with 1-2 drops of chili oil on top of each chicken.







7) Roast it in oven for 30-45 minutes. Might need longer depending on type of oven. Just take a look after half an hour to make sure your chickens is not burn yet.


Serve it with rice and vegetable cuisine. Find my older post on Pak Choi with crispy garlic. Thats suit with this roasted chicken. I have another vegetable recipes to share in the next few chapter. And also do you know how to cook rice? I will guide you step by step.....stay tuned till my next post....


Warning: If you suffer from IBS, or a type of person who-do-not-eat-spicy-food you need to be cautious of having this flavoured chicken. You know yourself what you can get/the consequence of eating spicy food!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...